Our 31 Fundamentals
- THINK SAFE. WORK SAFE. Know and practice the safety protocols for your job. Watch out for the safety of your teammates and never take shortcuts that compromise anyone’s safety. We integrate safety into everything we do to ensure that at the end of the day, everyone goes home safe.
- MAKE QUALITY PERSONAL. Demonstrate a passion for excellence and take pride in the quality of everything you touch and everything you do. Good is not good enough. Always ask yourself, “Am I satisfied that this is my best work?”
- BE A PROBLEM-SOLVER. Take personal responsibility for finding solutions to challenges. Respond to every situation by looking for how we can do it, rather than explaining why it can’t be done. Be resourceful and show initiative. Don’t make excuses or wait for others to solve the problem.
- DO THE RIGHT THING, ALWAYS. Demonstrate an unwavering commitment to doing the right thing in every action and decision, especially when no one’s looking. Always tell the truth, no matter the consequences. If you make a mistake, own up to it, apologize, and make it right. Sound ethical principles, honesty, and integrity drive our decisions as we build long-term relationships
- GO THE EXTRA MILE. Be willing to do what it takes to accomplish the job. Whether it’s starting early, staying late, or doing something that’s not in your job description, it’s the extra mile that separates the ordinary from the extraordinary. No task is beneath any of us.
- BE EASY TO WORK WITH. Be approachable. Provide simple and complete instructions. When in doubt, do more, rather than pushing the work back on someone else. Simplify everything. Be ridiculously helpful.
- BE POSITIVE. Choose to respond with an understanding, optimistic, and helpful attitude. Give people the benefit of the doubt. Your attitude is contagious. Spread optimism and positive energy.
- FIND SOLUTIONS TOGETDHER. Identify and use lessons learned to improve our performance and processes so we don’t make the same mistake twice. Get smarter with every mistake. Learn from every experience.
- BE A LIFELONG LEARNER. Seek out and take advantage of every chance to gain more knowledge, increase your skills, and become a more knowledgeable expert. Be willing to share what you’ve learned with others.
- CONSIDER RISK AN OPPORTUNITY. Innovation, improvement, and success don’t come from taking the easier path. They come from a thoughtful and intentional willingness to try the unconventional. Be willing to ask, “What if?” Try new ways of doing things and take risks without compromising safety.
- BRING YOUR “A-GAME” EVERY DAY. Have a passion for what we do and be fully engaged. Make the most of each day by approaching every task with energy, focus, purpose, and enthusiasm. Work with a sense of urgency to get things done.
- THINK TEAM FIRST. It’s not about you. Don’t let your ego or personal agenda get in the way of doing what’s best for the team. Be there for each other and be willing to step into another role or help a co-worker. Help each other succeed.
- HONOR COMMITMENTS. Do what you say you’re going to do when you say you’re going to do it. This includes being on time for all phone calls, appointments, meetings, and promises. If a commitment can’t be fulfilled, notify others early and agree on a new deliverable to be honored.
- DELIVER RESULTS. While effort is important, our customers expect results. Follow-up on everything and take responsibility to ensure that tasks get completed. Set high goals, use measurements to track your progress, and hold yourself accountable for achieving those results.
- SUPPORT THE FIELD - We work together to build, control, service, secure, test and maintain our customers’ facilities. The crews performing this work on jobsites are vital to Tri-M’s success, but they can’t do it alone. Value everyone’s role by making sure proper planning, resources, information, and communications are in place to support their success.
- DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. Our goal is to get things right, not simply to get them done. We always want to work with a sense of urgency, but we don’t want to sacrifice quality and accuracy for speed. Double-check your work. Measure twice, cut once. Avoid rework due to poor planning or rushed effort.
- BE QUICK TO RESPOND. Respond to questions and concerns quickly, whether it’s in person, on the phone, or by e-mail. This includes simply acknowledging that we got the message and we’re “on it,” as well as keeping those involved continuously updated on the status of outstanding issues.
- THINK AND ACT LIKE AN OWNER. We’re all owners of this business - act in the best interests of the company as a whole at all times. Make decisions by asking yourself, “What would make this a better place to work? What would I do if this were my own equipment? Consider the big picture.
- LISTEN TO UNDERSTAND. Listening is more than simply “not speaking.” Give others your undivided attention. Be present and engaged. Minimize the distractions and pause your need to agree or disagree. Suspend your judgment and be curious to know more, rather than jumping to conclusions.
- BE STRAIGHTFORWARD. Ask questions, share ideas, or raise issues even if it may cause conflict when it’s necessary for team success, but do so with kindness. Be courageous enough to say what needs to be said. Address issues directly with those who are involved or affected.
- SHARE INFORMATION. With respect for confidentiality, share information freely throughout our organization. The more people know, the better we can collaborate. Learn to ask yourself, “Who else needs to know this?”
- WALK IN YOUR CUSTOMER’S SHOES. Understand your customer’s world. Know their challenges and frustrations. See the world from their perspective. The better you understand them, the more effectively you can anticipate and meet their needs.
- TREAT EACH OTHER LIKE FAMILY. Our relationships go deeper than simply being teammates at work. We genuinely care for and about each other. Whether it’s a kind word during a tough stretch, a friendly smile each morning, or a helping hand in stressful times, show compassion.
- FACE CHALLENGES HEAD-ON. Problems and mistakes don’t define us – how we handle them does. Our best chance to “wow” is when a teammate or customer is upset and frustrated. Seize the moment and take action to help. The bigger the challenge, the greater our chance to show them what we’re made of and to leave them with a great impression.
- SHOW MEANINGFUL APPRECIATION. Recognizing the things people are doing right is more effective than pointing out all the things they are doing wrong. Regularly extend meaningful acknowledgment and appreciation — in all directions throughout our organization.
- ACT DECISIVELY. Work safely, but with a sense of urgency to get things done so we can move on to the next area of focus. Gather the facts and evaluate your options thoroughly, then make a decision and get moving. If new information becomes available, don’t be afraid to change course when it’s appropriate.
- WORK SMART. Be organized and plan your work for maximum efficiency. Have all the tools and information necessary before starting your work. Be thoughtful about your schedule and have a game plan for your tasks and your workday. Know the priorities and work on them first.
- EMBRACE CHANGE AND GROWTH. What got us here is not the same as what will get us to the next level. Get outside your comfort zone, rather than stubbornly hanging on to old ways of doing things. Look for the opportunities that change and growth bring. Be flexible.
- TAKE PRIDE IN THE TRI-M BRAND. We are all responsible for, and benefit from, the Tri-M image and reputation. Be proud to wear and display our brand. Consider how your actions affect our collective reputation and be a proud ambassador for the company.
- BE A MENTOR. Actively take responsibility to coach, guide, teach, and mentor others. The best way to influence others is through your own example. Walk the talk. Be the change you want to see.
- KEEP THINGS FUN. While our passion for excellence is real, remember that the world has bigger problems than the daily challenges that make up our work. Stuff happens. Keep perspective. Don’t take things personally or take yourself too seriously. Laugh every day.
Our Core Values
WE LEAD WITH SAFETY
Integrating safety into everything we do ensures that at the end of the day, everyone goes home.
DO THE RIGHT THING, ALWAYS
Sound ethical principles, honesty, and integrity drive our decisions as we build long-term relationships.
FIND SOLUTIONS TOGETHER
Partners and team members collaborate to achieve the best solutions and services.
EXCEED EXPECTATIONS WITH SUPERIOR SERVICE
Demonstrate a passion for excellence as we take pride in our work.
EMPOWER A BETTER FUTURE
Working towards a tomorrow with more opportunity for our team members, partners, and communities.